Skip to main content

IN THIS SECTION
2 posts
Jingyi
mapping between different versions of assignee_id?

Dear PatentsView Team,

I'm working on a project where I want to match assignees from PatentView releases with different release dates. Specifically, I'm looking to map disamb_assignee_id_20211230 to its corresponding disamb_assignee_id_20220630 to ensure they represent the same entity.

Is there an available mapping between these different versions of assignee_id?

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

Jingyi

PVTeam
Role: moderator
persistent entity tables

Hi Jingyi

The tables pg_persistent_assignee and g_persistent_assignee should provide just that! details on the available columns can be found in the data dictionary.

If you have the versions of the disambiguated or non-disambiguated assignee tables from an earlier data update, these persistent tables should allow you to map the assignee_ids from that update to the current update and vice versa! These mappings are available on a per-patent basis rather than mapping between all records associated with a particular assignee ID as a single unit. Raw appearances of assignees that are grouped together as a single entity in one update may not all belong to the same entity group in another update due to availability of newer data or refinements to our disambiguation process. As a result, you may find that the correspondence of assignee IDs between updates may not be one-to-one.

We only provide links on the PatentsView website to the most recent editions of each of our data files, but if you need archival copies of assignee_not_disambiguated from previous updates, you can use the technical support form on our PatentsView Support Portal. If you do request any archival data, please make sure to specify both the tables and the update dates you require.

Best,
PVTeam