Skip to main content

IN THIS SECTION
3 posts
Yuan
Question on inventor address

Dear PatentsView Team,

Hi, I am quite interested in the inventor info provided by your dataset. May I ask which year, filing date or granted date, is corresponding to the inventor address? I can see there are two big sets of data, one for granted patent data and the other for pre-granted data. As I can see, both datasets provide info on inventor addresses. If they are the same, in terms of the inventor address corresponding year, can I say inventor address info is related filing date? If not, could you explain a bit here?

Many thanks! 

Yuan

PVTeam
Role: moderator
Hello Yuan, We agree with…

Hello Yuan,

We agree with your assumption that inventor address at application filing is likely equal to inventor address at grant issue in most cases. It is unusual for address change requests to be processed before the application is granted patent status. PatentsView only carries inventor address data at the date of the application publication and the grant date. 

Thank you,

PVTeam

Yuan
Thanks for the reply!  Can…

Thanks for the reply! 

Can I understand the inventor address at grant date would be the same as the address at application filing unless they request address changes?

Does the patent application and grant process goes like: inventors usually submit their personal information including address, when they start a patent application; when their patent is granted, they usually do not need to submit additional personal information unless they would like to change their personal information which was submitted at the application stage? 

Many thanks! 

Yuan