Skip to main content

IN THIS SECTION
3 posts
Hegedus
Removing Constraints yields fewer returned values

Using API_Wrapper.py

Using two input cfg files with the difference being the first has some date constraints.

Test 1 returns 165 rows  which is probably too low.  If I plug in the returned paten numbers into the PTO Quick Number search then it is showing only the grants in January of 2006.  Nothing later.

Test 2 remove constraints it returns 70 rows and does not even include the patents found in test 1.

Test 1

[Q_PortfolioCPC]
entity = "patents"
input_file = "assignees_name.txt"
directory = "/Users/andreashegedus/PatentsView-APIWrapper"
input_type = "assignee_organization"
fields = ["patent_number", "patent_title","cpc_subgroup_id"]
criteria1 = {"_gte":{"patent_date":"2006-1-1"}}
criteria2 = {"_lte":{"patent_date":"2016-12-31"}}
sort = [{"patent_number":"asc"}]

Test 2 Remove date criteria

[Q_PortfolioCPC]
entity = "patents"
input_file = "assignees_name.txt"
directory = "/Users/andreashegedus/PatentsView-APIWrapper"
input_type = "assignee_organization"
fields = ["patent_number", "patent_title","cpc_subgroup_id"]
sort = [{"patent_number":"asc"}]

The file assignees_name.txt has one line

Applied Materials, Inc.

Any idea of whats going on?

Andy

Russ
you found a bug

Andy,

It looks like you found a bug in the wrapper!  It's only using the preview of 25 results per request and not trying to page through the results.  I opened an issue for it but there has not been  activity lately in any of the CSSP-AIR projects.  You could clone my repo if you'd like.  

You are getting multiple lines per patent because you asked for cpc_subgroup_id.  If you remote it you'll see that both queries return just 25 rows, which is obviously a bug. Locally I removed cpc_subgroup_id and when using my modified api_wrapper.py I get 3,995 rows with the date conditions and 8,226 rows without them. 

Your other questions would need to be answered by PVTeam, also suspiciously absent here.  I'm just a consumer of the api like you.

Russ

PVTeam
Role: moderator
Re: Response to REMOVING CONSTRAINTS YIELDS FEWER RETURNED VALUE

Hi,

Thank you for pointing out this issue regarding the API wrapper.  We will work on fixing it soon and let you know when it has been patched. 

Thank you,

PVTeam