Skip to main content

IN THIS SECTION
5 posts
sryanshin
regarding raw data file

Hello,

I found that there are many inventor missing in the 'rawinventor.tsv' file. For instance, there are 5 inventors listed for US patent number '10000007' but the 'rawinventor.tsv' file misses 4 inventors and only contains information on the last ordered inventor.

I was wondering if this 'rawinventor.tsv' file is the raw file directly downloaded from USPTO or any manipulation or cutoff has been done on the raw file before posting.

What I am actually looking for is all inventor ids and the corresponding sequence of each inventor in patents. It seems only the rawinventor.tsv file provides all patentID-inventorID-inventor sequence information, but the file misses many inventors... I also have checked 'patent_inventor.tsv' file and it seems to have all inventor IDs corresponding to each patent, but without corresponding inventor sequence information...

Please advise if there is anyway I can get all inventor information for all USPTO patents, or if I can obtain inventor sequence information corresponding to each row in the 'patent_inventor' file.

Thank you,

Ryan

PVTeam
Role: moderator
REGARDING RAW DATA FILE

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We have re-exported a new rawinventor file which should no longer be cutting off inventor names. If you run into any further issues with this new file please let us know.

Thanks,

PVTeam

sryanshin
REGARDING RAW DATA FILE

PVTeam,

Thank you so much for re-exporting the raw file. I am sorry but I found that the new file only has two columns with last name of each inventor and the column for first names is missing... If it is possible, could you re-export the file with the first name attached?

Thank you,

Ryan

PVTeam
Role: moderator
REGARDING RAW DATA FILE

Hi Ryan,

Thank you for pointing out this issue! We have re-generated the file again and with the proper columns. Sorry for the inconvenience .

Best,

PVTeam

sryanshin
REGARDING RAW DATA FILE

PVTeam,

Thank you so much for your efforts! The newly generated file looks good!

Thanks,

Ryan